What Makes You Tick?
1. What attracted you to birding in the first place?
A. I honestly don’t know, It such a long time ago. I became interested in birds in primary school. I think it was the differences in shapes, bills and colours that attracted me.
2. Are you a twitcher or a birder?
A Birder and a watcher. My friends have tried to change me into a twicher in the last year, but I resisted them and only occasionally go twitcing. But now they don’t invite me along anymore - I suppose they think i am too slow....LOL
3. Do you know the difference LOL?
Yes, it’s the difference between me and my birding friends!
4. When was the last time you went birding and where did you go?
Just returned from a Kruger trip, and as proof of being a birder only added one tick for a weeks worth of birding.
5. Where is your all time favourite birding spot?
Geez louise! Which one to choose? Kruger and Northern KZN would be the two.
6. Is your family/ friends as keen on birding, or do they collectively groan when ever the conversation may lead to a birding topic?
My family groan, whine and complain. If you know how many birds I drove past in the last week. Well, I have converted most of my friends into birders, and then befriended some serious twichers.
7. How many bird books do you own?
I think last count was about 17, and I just bought Best Birding in Kruger, so make that 18.
8. Are you a member of a club? Or do you prefer birding on your own?
Clubs have politics, I prefer social birding with friends.
9. Do you keep a bird list, or have you forgotten the names of the birds by the time you get home LOL?
Uhm, what’s your name again? No use keeping a list as with my spelling, I would not know which birds I spotted anyway!
I keep a life list on a personal level. With atlassing for Sabap, of course there are many more lists, but that’s scientific, you know.
» 5 Comments
at Tuesday, 18 August 2009 05:31
Well done Imax! :-)
You directed that don't invite me anymore thing to me? LMAO!
at Tuesday, 18 August 2009 06:50
Lekker one Imax ;)
at Tuesday, 18 August 2009 08:25
Nice one Imax! - don't let Hansel & Gretel get to you :-)
at Tuesday, 18 August 2009 08:48
Thanks Imax and WTM!
at Tuesday, 18 August 2009 11:58
nice one, Imax, and don't worry if you ever come to CT we will invite you with birding ;-) LOL!
» Post Comment
Only registered users can write a comment.
Please login or register.