An Interview with a Birder - Jay
Written by Dirk Human
Thursday, 03 September 2009
What Makes You Tick?
1. What attracted you to birding in the first place?
birds ...serioulsy LOL!
2. Are you a twitcher or a birder?
ummmm...both, I enjoy watching my regular garden birds and make a point of doing so everyday, will head out for a rarity, but won't go to great lengths, maybe 'cos I still get excited when I spot a Steppe or jackal Buzzard down my road, so am getting my thrill regularly LOL!
3. Do you know the difference LOL?
jaaaaa! one is a chilled birder the other is a hardcore birder.
4. When was the last time you went birding and where did you go?
I bird at least 3 times a week, as I do so when going grocery shopping, playing golf and visiting my parents in Velddrif at the Berg River estuary.
5. Where is your all time favorite birding spot?
Sabie Park, I can lie in the pool, sit on the stoep at the house, or sit down at the river and watch countless birds and every time there is some sort of surprise sighting!
6. Is your family/ friends as keen on birding, or do they collectively groan when ever the conversation may lead to a birding topic?
nope, entire family has been converted, and my friends too, we may be the biggest twitching group around LMAO!
7. How many bird books do you own?
8. Are you a member of a club? Or do you prefer birding on your own?
I belong to the West Coast Bird Club, they are the sweetest bunch of people!
9. Do you keep a bird list, or have you forgotten the names of the birds by the time you get home LOL?
yup, have a bird list and also keep one for each trip I make.
» 4 Comments
at Thursday, 03 September 2009 13:00
great interview..thanks for sharing!
at Thursday, 03 September 2009 13:01
Nice interview Jay. Good no know now that WTM officially is classified as a hardcore birder.
BTW - who is going to interview him?
at Friday, 04 September 2009 21:51
at Saturday, 05 September 2009 10:38
» Post Comment
Only registered users can write a comment.
Please login or register.